Who We Are
Michael Rose CEO
Mike's vision for Engine Room is the product of 25 years learning first-hand what kind of support CEOs of technology and life science companies need to grow and prosper. His career working in finance and accounting for public and private companies is rich and varied. It includes working on assignment as a part-time CFO at Silicon Valley biotech and pharmaceutical companies, and consulting with many emerging growth companies. He's also helped dozens of young biotech and high-tech companies grow and gain funding.
In addition to his senior management experience, Mike's skill set includes general accounting; tax and SEC reporting; forecasting, budgeting, and planning; business finance-including IPOs, mergers, and private placements; and IT department management, system planning, and implementation.
Mike holds a BSC in accounting from Santa Clara University. He lives in Livermore, CA with his family, his Harley Road King and a large stack of Merle Haggard albums.
- Founder and CEO of Q5, a new class of business solutions which he launched and sold to Premier Alliance, a national professional services firm based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- CEO of RoseRyan, a finance and accounting consulting firm. Between 1997 and 2009, Mike grew RoseRyan from four employees to 120, with $20 million in revenue and offices in Silicon Valley, San Diego and Orange County.
- CFO at The Landsing Corporation
- Controller at Hilliard Oil & Gas
Carole-Lynn Glass COO
Carole-Lynn is a client service and project management guru with deep expertise in designing and implementing scalable processes and systems. She's been a financial executive in privately held start-ups and large public companies, ranging in size from pre-revenue to over $300M. She's also a team builder with significant experience in M&A and due diligence, as well as accounting operations, budgeting and forecasting, and financial reporting.
Carole-Lynn holds a BS in accounting from State University of New York, Fredonia. She lives with her husband and two daughters in Livermore, CA. She fills her time outside work with family, gardening, and serving as an advocate for special needs kids and their parents.
- Manager and senior consultant at Kranz & Associates, acting CFO and director of finance for venture-backed and early-stage companies, manager of project-based services
- Director of emerging growth services for RoseRyan, managed consultant staff, worked with clients, business partners and VCs to support early stage companies
- VP of finance positions at Ion Beam Applications, Esprit Systems, ADI, 3Soft; acting director of finance for FreeWheel Media, Birst and Karma Science
- CFO at SteriGenics; interim CFO for Peppertree Engineering, Micro-Documentaries, Freedom Debt Relief, Pharmacofore, Papilia